Welcome to Keiki Dental
Welcome to Keiki Dental! Dr. Do and his dedicated staff will provide quality dental care for your children. Our clinic is a specialty pediatric dental clinic just for keiki, our children. We will work with you to help building preventive dental concepts in our pediatric patients. Achieving optimal dental health for your child starts from home. Parents' understanding the importance of good oral hygiene, regular dental check-up, and healthy diet at home are key parts of achieving good dental health. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry has been making efforts to promote the concept of "Dental Home" where our young children can start developing early positive dental experiences. A Dental Home is a dental clinic that the parents set up early by the child's first birthday so that professional dental guidance, preventive dental care, interceptive/early orthodontic care, restorative care, and emergency care can be provided to your child in a timely manner throughout the childhood. We serve patients from all parts of Oahu including Leeward (Ewa Beach, Kapolei, Barber's Point, Waipahu) and Central area (Schofield, Pearl City, Pearl Harbor, Hickam, Waipio, Waikele). Patients from military family are welcome. Call our office at 808-680-9411 for an appointment!
A major reason for babies having decay at such an early age is allowing them to fall asleep on the breast or with a bottle containing any liquid other than water. Special dental care must be taken if your child is to continue with a bottle while sleeping.
Your children should have their first dental visit at one year of age, even if they don't have all of their teeth. This is to ensure that parents are cleaning new teeth with a toothbrush and doing so, properly. Sometimes, even when a toothbrush is being used, important areas are missed.
Reviewing oral hygiene gives doctors a good indication of when the next recall visit should be scheduled. Depending on the patient, doctors may decide on a 3-month, 6-month, 9-month or yearly recall. In some cases decay may be occurring and treatment may be necessary.
- Cancellation Policy – we ask for 24-hour notice prior to canceling an appointment. If an illness or emergency occurs, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Treatment Plans – Both you and your child are encouraged to help us plan your child's treatment.
- Payment Policy – Your estimated portion is due at the time of appointment (cash, check, Master Card and Visa accepted).
- Promptness is appreciated. Most appointments are scheduled for one half of an hour. The entire time will be needed to treat your child. In the case of a late patient that cannot be seen, it will constitute as a "no show".
- One No Show – Able to reappoint one child at a time.
- Two No Shows – Family will be seen on a "walk in" basis only. Family can call on a given day to see if there is any availability.